WHAT IS BAGASSE?
What is Bagasse?
- Bagasse is sugarcane fiber waste left after juice extraction.
Why use Bagasse Sugarcane Products?
- Sugarcane is a tree-free renewable resource. Historically, bagasse waste has been burned in the fields, and thereby creating
pollution. Now, bagasse is used to manufacturer eco friendly food service products replacing traditional paper,
plastics and styrofoam products. Products manufactured from bagasse require less energy than plastics products. By adopting
bagasse products, you indirectly help in reducing the pollution and energy consumption. Bagasse sugarcane plates, bowl,
compartment trays, to go containers, clamshells are much better alternative for food service industry.
How long bagasse products take to biodegrade?
- Bagassse Sugarcane products normally biodegrade within 90 days;
while plastic can take upto 400 years to degrade and styrofoam never degrades! So, bagasse products are environmentally
sustainable solution for food service and packaging disposables industries. The rate of decomposition depends on the composting
conditions – the temperature, turnover rate, moisture etc. Generally, they will biodegrade much faster, if they are broken into
What are the benefits of bagasse food service products?
- Bagassse is a tree-free, renewable resource made from sugarcane fiber left after juice is extracted
- biodegradable and compostable
- Use it with hot and cold foods
- Microwave and refrigerator safe
- Sturdy and strong; can take hot food up to 200 degrees F
- Better alternative to traditional plastic, paper and styro-foam products
How bagasse products are manufactured?
- Rather than throwing away or burning sugarcane stalks, the pulp is made into paper-like substance called Bagasse. Bagasse can be
molded into different shapes and products that are perfect for food service packaging.